Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Day Bad Day

Well let's get the bad out of the way, Mike's (One Speed's) Ironhead has a locked up transmission. He was driving to work and it seized up on him. He was lucky in that he was only in second and wasn't full speed when the back tire locked up and laid a stripe 20 feet long. I had the day off and loaded the truck to go get him off the side of the road. Now the good, we got the XS400 battery mounted, the exhaust tabs welded, the electrical switches and key mounted and VRRRROOOMMM it started right up (well after 20 or so kicks). I still need to finish the wiring and get a gasket for the exhaust flange. After that I get to chase the charging problem it was having last year and I'll be good to go. I will update with pics tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment