Friday, October 1, 2010

My Buddies Mitsubishi Montero

So anyway I still haven't been able to finish the shed or work on my wife's chop at all. Mostly because of the heart operation and not being able to lift over 20lbs. But I did get to hang out at my friend Steve's the past two nights working on his Montero. He went to the store and when he came out smelled gas. After looking under he saw his lines off the top of the fuel tank were pissing gas out. Well Steve, myself and Mike dropped the tank, cut back the rotted out steel and went with longer hose. Hooked it up and it was leaking right were it met the tank too. Pulled it out again and called it a night. Last night we took the fuel pump out and cut off the rusted line at top of the pump then drilled the hole out a little smaller than the fuel hose, squeezed it in and clamped it to the metal line that will be inside the tank. Hooked it up and no leaks WOOHOO. Put the tank back in and the truck is running again. And oh yeah the reason we did this instead of a new pump, cost to do what we did $27, cost of a new pump $487?!?!?!?! WTF Here is a stock pic of the offending SUV.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I was about to call you to see how it all went last night. I'm so glad Steve got out of it on the cheap!! I'm also stoked I was available the other night to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I figured I could update the blog and you at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you guys would have let me know, I could have come and gave a hand. I have just been getting home late and drinking alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice easy life you have there.

    ReplyDelete