Monday, May 3, 2010

Hardtailing The Yamaha XS400

I have this XS400 I got about 5 years ago for $125 out of a barn. I bought it because my wife said she wanted to start riding her own bike and it was the perfect starter bike. It hadn't run in 10 years but I had it going in about 20 minutes. She cleaned it up and drove it for the better part of 2 years. Then she got her VStar 650 and the XS became choppin' material. Here is a before pic of it.

I cut the shocks down, trimmed the tail section, cut and wrapped the pipes, trailer fender, sporty tank, T.C. Bros. forward controls, fork gators (not shown), Z bars and a nice steel seat with Mexican blanket "padding". And it's been this way for about 2 1/2 years.

Well it's time for a change again, it's on the table with the back half cut off and I am building a hardtail for it. I will update pics as soon as I get some batteries in the camera, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment